Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Window of Inspiration

Since I don't have a Jackson to inspire my blogs, but want to be every bit as diligent as Erika in keeping up this blog, I often start by looking out my window as I sit at the keyboard. We have the hills, the parking lot (with all the gray, black and white new cars from the local Ford dealer) and Alex Theater with cute little palm trees in the courtyard. On the corner is the Jewelry mart, but I think they have two locations on Brand now because I saw that they took over the old Glendale Fed building, a very unusual and striking building. I could just see some real estate guy telling the Jewelry mart that they should rent the "jewel" of Brand Boulevard for their store.

But I digress, so I shall digress some more. I'm moving downward on the scale again (it's about time), but Curves has holiday hours that look pretty anorexic. And I am craving bacon. I was thinking that I would get the precooked kind and have a miserly two slices on tomato on one slice of bread, but then Adam suggested that we have "BREAKFAST" the day after Thanksgiving and I immediately pictured a heaping plate of two pounds of bacon--both Adrienne and Marisa will be gone--so that's a lot of bacon for Melody, Adam and I. I am so looking forward to it. I don't think you can gain seventeen pounds from eating one pound, can you?

2 Comments:

  • At November 19, 2004 at 8:44 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Are you rubbing in that I don't have a window anymore? My new office really sucks. I can hear everything that goes on in the reception area (for the whole university) and in Salina's office. Boo hoo me.

     
  • At November 19, 2004 at 9:09 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Oh, pauvre petite. I'm sorry you don't have a window. I have a very loud partner who's secretary is right outside my door. Sometimes I have to close the door if I'm on the phone. But I know your's is much worse. At my conference last weekend our room was right next to the freeway--I didn't sleep a wink the first night and asked for a different room the next night, but they gave me earplugs instead. The earplugs helped--they didn't solve (and I could hear people in the room), but they helped.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home