Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Do you remember

being young and you are sick, so you take the day off of work, but you feel ok by the night and so you go out with your friends and then the next morning you are so sick that you stay home from work again. That's our Mel. She has such a cold, but at the first sign of not coughing nonstop, she's "better" and she goes out.

The cold caught me--it's not so bad, but its not good either. I pity the fool who shakes my hand. I mean I try to cough into my elbow, but that's not fullproof when your head is fuzzy from coughing so much. What a time to be busy at work--I really need to get that list made.

It is cloudy here--we must be on storm watch, because it looks like it could rain. Last summer we'd get hazy days and Mel would say, oh good it's going to rain and we'd say, no--that's haze--it doesn't rain in summer. But these clouds are definitely more than haze and it is winter (almost). OMG it's not even technically winter yet and it is so cold (comparatively speaking--for you Michiganders and Indianers, it's balmy, but for those of us who don't usually need to wear a coat IN THE OFFICE, it's pretty cold.) The heating panel doesn't work in my office. It's probably never been turned on before, but mine caught on fire when they were trying to fix it. I have this cool clock that you can click and get the temperature--it's 66 degrees in my office (the fire only lasted a second--not even long enough to warm the place up). Yesterday it was 62 and I didn't have my gloves. That must be why I'm sick.

1 Comments:

  • At December 8, 2004 at 4:13 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Ah yes, I remember being that young and stupid. I wish something would catch fire in my office and they would have to move me. Hmmmm maybe one of my little drummer boys will malfunction and start to smoke.

    I'm sorry your office is so cold, that would make it impossible to get any work done. I hate typing with cold fingers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home