Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

It is Cold In California

Our temp. is down below 50 degrees--we don't like that Mother Nature--we like sunny California, warm weather. We had rain on Saturday night out of the blue--we weren't even on Storm Watch. The gutter outside my bedroom makes a lot of noise and it is eerily silent, so it's time to go up on the roof again. Last time we (Adam and I) went on the roof, I crushed my big toe in the ladder, so we'll be practicing ladder safety this time around. My big toe stopped hurting about two days later, but every now and then I get a sharp twinge--it's not done being hurt.

This is the quiet week before the storm (so to speak)--I have no meetings this week because of Thanksgiving, but starting next week, I'm am busy, busy, busy right up to the week before Christmas. I'm trying to get prepared and get those Christmas cards going, but I have to clean the kitchen before I can put up the card table and we really need to get that good will stuff out of the hallway, and I should vacuum before I put up the card table, I mean it has been like over six weeks since Berna vacuumed and probably three years since I did. And I want to finish Bailey's shower gift that I'm cross stitching--her shower was a month ago. And another friend's daughter had a baby, so I'm contemplating another project. It's very deceptive, this not being busy.

3 Comments:

  • At November 24, 2004 at 4:23 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Up on the roof!! Are you insane? What exactly do you do up there. For me it would be about as useful as opening the hood of the car. Hmmm. Yep, it all looks OK to me. But I bet Adam gets a kick out of it.

     
  • At November 24, 2004 at 4:24 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Oh, and I almost forgot, boo hoo you cold baby. It is 39 here and it is suppose to snow later.

     
  • At November 24, 2004 at 10:03 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    We have a flat roof--we have to do the equivilent of cleaning out the gutters out of the corners of the roof and pump out the standing water that puddles up there. Luckily it only rains a few times a year here. Boo hoo to you too, such a pretty birthday boy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home