Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

A detailed analysis yields results

My goal was to lose 2 pounds a week. I have been at a plateau for what feels like forever, but a detailed analysis reveals that I am directly on target. That's nice. My coat fits too. It is really cold here. Last year I almost got rid of my long coat, because it was just too small, but not anymore.

We are decorating the Boy Scout auditorium tonight--putting up our tree and the lights and maybe some of the ornaments. We will be having the Kiwanis Jefferson Elementary Christmas Party tomorrow at lunch and then the Boy Scouts will carry the tree back across the street to our house. I was in charge of buying all the presents this year and I was told that the ages were eight and nine--so I was going to get games, but they were a little too expensive and a little too big for the bags. So I got play dough with really cool cookie cutters and slinkies (the old fashion wire ones). Good thing, because now I find out that it is five to eight year olds. The games for nine year olds would not have worked for the five year olds, but play dough and slinkies are universal.

Thursday is the debt seminar that I am giving. I just finished reading the other persons part--I sure hope she shows up, because I never deal with that stuff. My part is all geared toward attorneys and now I find out that the audience may not be all attorneys. Yuck. Life in the fast lane as usual.

Well it dipped below freezing last night--the dog was barking like crazy last night and we noticed some litter on the front lawn. I went to pick it up this morning and it was frozen to the grass--the grass was frozen and crunched when I stepped on it. Our heater is $800 broken, but it's not so cold in the house now that we have the insulation, so maybe it will stay broken for a while. We'll see. (Melody wants to go home and I might have to pick Adam up at practice, so I'm off.)

1 Comments:

  • At December 1, 2004 at 4:07 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Frozen to the ground? That is pretty impressive. Adrienne will get home and think she is still in Michigan. We got snow last night and it was really pretty, but this morning the roads were very icy. I slid down one hill, but luckily I was the only one on the road.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home