Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Under the fold

Well my picture is on the front page of the neighbors, but it's under the fold. I'm the sixth candidate for City Clerk and I think, the most qualified. Norm says that my name's the easiest also. Only in America. I'm going to try to find a straw hat--one of those political convention hats and put "Van Houten for City Clerk" around the band and start wearing it everywhere. Dave wants me to start sending letters to ask for money, but I'm really resisting. I think I'll just run flyers and brochures off at the office. We do brochures for ABWA and just run them ourselves, so that should be fine.

It is pouring down rain here. I had to drive to the gym and got soaked just getting to the garage. I went up on the roof on Sunday to make sure the gutters were clear and it's a good thing with all this rain.

We had a very nice Christmas out here--Josh made breakfast for everyone and I got my pictures that I wanted. (Thank you, thank you). Of course Adrienne and Adam seemed to think I'd want my pictures in the living room I spend hardly no time in, but they were soon set straight and my pictures are prepped for hanging in my sitting room. (Hint, hint--we can use more pictures). We had all (even Mike) gone to Aunt Mary's on Christmas Eve and left after dark to see the lights in the neighborhood. Bailey was a big hit and he got his full dose of kids. I should have had everyone open their sweatshirts when we were all at Mary's and taken a picture, but I missed it. We didn't take any pictures at all on Christmas. I think I'll take the camera out and just take candid shots over the next few weeks and pretend they're from Christmas.

P.S. Adam's sweatshirt shrunk--be careful. Thank you for the great picture from Michigan with all the Michigan sweatshirts.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home