Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Forcing Myself to Take a Risk

I have to force myself to take risks. Dave (ultra democrat in our Kiwanis) told me that I should run for City Clerk in Glendale. The job pays great and has a pension plan and once you are elected, you are pretty much assured of keeping the job for a long time. It requires organization and leadership--I have those--and administrative experience. What is administrative experience? Do you get it from being Cookie Chair for Glendale or Service Unit Manager or President of YWCA or President of ABWA or any of the other volunteer leadership positions I have held. I'm the manager of the collection department at my firm, but only because no one else wanted to be it. I'm very responsible--that should be a plus. So I said out loud to the gals in ABWA that I was thinking about running. I wrote an e-mail to the gal from the Commission on the Status of Women in Glendale who is pushing to get more women leaders in Glendale. I have to force myself to take this risk. Boy my cosy little room sounds good--a little cross-stitching--a diet coke--a good book. Nope. Must go on internet and declare candidacy.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home