Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, December 30, 2004

A sad beautiful day

Erika's news is so sad, I'm crying and at the same time feeling lucky to have spent time well. I look out over to the hills with the brilliant rain-fresh blue sky and I wonder over how unique every person is and yet how integral we all are to each other. To know someone peripherally and yet to be so touched by the relationship. Lyle, your dad was truly a great guy.

So when you hear this kind of news, you take stock of how you spend your time on this planet and you press "buy" on those reservations you were leery you could afford. I'm going to fly back with Erika to Detroit on Saturday, January 22nd (I actually got the same flight and the seat next to her) and then return on Tuesday, January 25th. I looked into all the logistics and its all doable. I have to be back on Wednesday because I am going to be on a live web cast teaching debt collection--cameras in my office and everything. It's probably not a good idea for me to be gone the weekend before my signatures are due to qualify for the election, but with the pressure on the get them in early, I'll probably come out ahead in the long run.


1 Comments:

  • At December 31, 2004 at 7:32 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    I'm glad to hear that you are travelling with Erika. I was a little worried about her travelling back alone. As opposed to when she travels there with the added burdon of myself on her hands.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home