Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The Biggest Loser

I hate reality shows and as a rule turn the channel as fast as I can when they come on, but I must admit that I am fasinated by the Biggest Loser. I think I've caught just about every episode, although I turn the channel when they had challenges (except climbing the stairs in the high rise building--wow, I was right there with them and the spinning OMG) and I push mute when they get all teary and smultzy (of course then the close caption comes on and I have to force myself not to read it). But it is absolutely riviting to see these people melt away. I probably wouldn't have been able to watch it if I didn't have a remote control to change the station a lot during it (I wouldn't watch the interpersonal "who do we vote off" stuff), but seeing Mo run with his little league team last night even now makes me want to cry for joy.

Cookies went ok last night (three new troops showed up), but I didn't run out of supplies (Council sent a box of extras). Two troops that usually have a lot of cookie booths were not there and the booth person said too bad. I am not doing that job. (She sent them an e-mail today--yea). Volunteers, volunteers I have to keep repeating that we are all volunteers.

Nominating committee is having another meeting--joy. Today is Kiwanis and ABWA, tomorrow is Kiwanis and my campaign meeting, Friday is Kiwanis, Saturday is ABWA and then I think I have Sunday off. I guess I'll find out at my campaign meeting what plans everyone has for me. I used to have this great map of Glendale that set out all the different neighborhoods, but I don't remember what I did with it. I'm a little afraid that I'm starting to want this too much, but that might be what it takes to win so I don't want to stop either. Adventure, here I come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home