Procrastination (But I Digress)

Saturday, January 15, 2005

I am so Skinny

Who knew? I went shopping for clothes yesterday. My campaign committee wants me to get a signature blue suit and yellow or cream blouse. They only had a cream blouse is size12 and wonder of wonder it fit. I looked everywhere for a royal blue suit. After work, I made Melody come with me to JC Penney and we searched high and low. I found some long johns and thought seriously about buying them--tried them on even. I went with L and size 14. Mel said that's her size so when I get smaller, she can have this stuff. The long johns, not what I was shopping for, were on this incredible sale, but I didn't have my JC Penney card, so the sale price was not as great. Thank goodness, so I could walk away. Why spend money I don't have on something I'll wear for two days. As we were walking out of the store, I saw something blue--a blue suit. It has black trim and it's not that attractive. Size 14 petite. Yeah, right I thought. It was on the up to 70% off rack (from $160) and Mel found a tag that said $49.99, so I tried it on. It fit so perfect. I need new suits--really, my suits are falling off of me. But it's not that attractive and it's two tone--blue and black trim. It's lined--that's good, but the pants are narrow. I'm desperate--I hate buying clothes when I'm desperate. So I go to the counter to buy it. It rang up for $32. I almost paid $20 for long johns and instead I got a suit that fits perfect for $32. How cool is that.

I was glad that Ryan won for Biggest Loser--I didn't watch it though--some meeting. I was flipping channels last night and VH1 has a celebrity biggest loser show. I'm done with reality tv. Everywhere I look there's something about amazing weight lose--it must be a January thing. Anyway, amazingly I can feel muscles in my thighs--I thought it was some kind of tumor at first. It really freaks me out. I mean it's cool, of course, but freaky too. Since my knees don't hurt anymore, I've started doing the thigh exercises at Curves. And I'm making a conserted effort to jiggle my legs as much as possible--no more concentrating on the toes as a way to redivert the energy. Talk about easy exercise-- I can jiggle unconsciously all the time. That's got to build muscle and burn calories over time, right. Of course, the right leg does tend to take all the initive, so I'll have to work harder on the left so I won't walk lopsided.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home