Procrastination (But I Digress)

Saturday, February 26, 2005

A star is probably ignored

Well I watched CNN nonstop for two hours, but I did see my commercial at about 10 minutes to 11 p.m. I didn't have the tape set up and then I taped an hour of lifetime, but it wasn't on then. My commercial was uninspiring to say the least. Of course I loved my part and I wrote it so I knew what they were saying, but it seemed pretty lost in the 30 second spot and the graphics were pitiful. I was pretty disappointed.

This morning I stopped into a local flower shop that I worked with for Hoover Tour of Homes and asked if she would put my sign up. She's Armenian, but she said yes. So I went back and brought the sign and a few brochures (Adrienne made me some great brochures that we just print up as we need them at home) and I talked to her for a while telling her why I wanted to be clerk. She got excited and put my sign in a great spot. So I was high on my success and decided to go ask my old landlady to put a sign on her corner house, but when I got there, there were four police cars, a fire truck and a very bad car accident right in front of her house. There were lots of people and police and it just wasn't the right time. Two steps forward, one step back.

My campaign consultant had a quote in the paper this morning about elections in general, not about me. I think that that is a bad sign. And my clothes don't fit--if it wasn't so sad, it would be downright funny.

P.S. I met Katie Van Houten this week. Her full name is Kathryn Van Houten and she's been wanting to meet me for 10 years. Her family is Dutch and she was very disappointed that I could not speak Dutch. After we had talked for some time she told me aside that the paper really made me look fat and how terrible that was. I said, I've just lost a lot of weight, but she seemed to want to blame the paper.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home