Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, April 22, 2005

Rain in the forecast

Well my diet stalled. I've stayed the same weight for almost a whole month. I had to pin up my new suit yesterday because it's too big and it was dragging on the floor. It is really difficult to get serious about dieting more when my clothes are so damn loose. Dad said, quit dieting, gain some weight (to get me to shut up about it already), but I think that's a little drastic.

I'm cheating a lot this past week, so I'm trying to identify the circumstances in which I feel the overwhelming need to eat junk. Being awake is pretty much the common denominator. I'm working harder at the gym and I'm finally starting to feel it. Maybe that's what it is, I'm not losing weight, because I'm bulking up my muscles, I can't even keep a straight face while typing it. That's so not it. Next week I'm going with some of the gals at work to join weight watchers. I hope it doesn't cost too much, but I think weekly support group might be helpful. We'll see.

I'm going up to the Girl Scout campout on Saturday--I'll going to try not spending the night and see if I can get away with not actually camping, just visiting. And it's supposed to rain, so I'm hoping we are in a cabin and not tents. I never even thought to ask--oh no.

Well I got asked to be the Division Lt. Gov. for Kiwanis and turned it down. I was asked to re-join the board at YWCA and turned it down. (They are in so much trouble that it was very difficult to say no and I'm trying to think of a way to help without joining the board, but it's tough.) I am the decoration chair for LAAC, but the event is in August and so far, I haven't agreed to anything further (but I am on the nominating committee---eeeek). And I think I need to face facts and not join Toastmasters which would be really fun, but is an awful big time commitment. What I really need to do is get a second job to pay off my campaign debt--that's going to be a challenge.

Life in the fast lane.

P.S. Somethings up with Melody, but she won't tell me what. Send good thoughts--she really needs them.

2 Comments:

  • At April 23, 2005 at 7:51 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I can't believe you are going camping!! We are going to have to tie you to a chair.

    Keep working out (and buildng muscle) and keep saying "no."

     
  • At April 25, 2005 at 10:43 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    I didn't go camping, I just visited the camp and trained some of the parents so that there are more people out there to take girls camping so that I won't have to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home