Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

And Then There's ABWA

Tonight is the Fashion Show meeting--I'm co-Chair. The event should come off without a hitch, but I should at least pretend to look like I'm working hard. Karen wants to do a weekender's mini show, even though the fashions are going to be done by Annie's Scandals. At first I was dead set against it, but she won't let it go and I really just don't care. So we're having it. Next when I was away campaigning they decided to do popouri bags as favors. PU. I have vetoed it in no uncertain terms and we're doing candy as we decided before I was gone for a mere month. The ladies act a little put off that I am so adamant about not having popouri, but that's apparently where I draw the line. If I have to be co-chair, then I get to veto the favors. If I'm willing to do the work, then there it is.

LAAC is this weekend. I'm co-chair of the Forum by default with someone I've never even met. I'm also chair of Council Woman of the Year, since I am the current Council Woman of the Year. Since I was not too happy about how it was done for me, I guess this is a good thing to be chair of. The forum is on August 6th which is the only date that Girl Scouts is offering level two camping skills training which all my leaders are clammering to get. Oh well, I can only be in six places at one time.

So I need to make myself a list--I keep volunteering for stuff without remembering all the other stuff I'm doing. Next year is President of Kiwanis, President of ABWA Chapter, Co-Chair 2006 Sponsorship Committee, VP of Programs for PTA, Cookie Chair and Trainer for Girl Scouts (and I want to do something with Studio 2B, but I don't know what yet) and I have to be very careful not to volunteer for any jobs at Division III, YWCA or LAAC next year. I think I'm ok. I just heard that the spring conference for ABWA next year is in Lake Tahoe--never been there. Does anyone want to go? It'll probably be next April.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home