Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Let's Talk About the Weather

Yesterday was full on June Gloom (in April, so not too inspiring), but this morning we actually had rain. Rain in April, how amazing is that. In California rain period, pretty amazing. Now we have sun peeking through afternoon clouds (or smog--you never really know here.) It looks hot because of the glare of the sun, but it is actually quite chilly. I had to pull out my winter blankets and contemplated turning on the heat last night. I had the heater in my car turned up full blast--very unusual any time of the year.

I read in a Martha Stewart article all the things that I need to do to accomplish my spring cleaning, but it's hard to get excited about spring in this alternating winter and summer weather. I guess I could close the blinds, but what fun is that. I think I'll just have to skip it this year--there's no rule that spring cleaning has to be an annual event, right.

In other news, the pipe under the sink, under the house has a long crack in it. The termite guy said that there was standing water under our sink and we've been checking for leaks under the sink for months with no success. I called my friend from Kiwanis' plumbing company and the kid that came out said, you know my mom. Well it's a guy in Kiwanis and I knew that I'd have heard if his sons went into the bus', so I pleaded ignorance and he said his mom was Barbara, whom I know from ABWA--small world or what. Well, this kid had actually been my client when he had a legal problem a while back, but I never met him--I just handled the whole thing by phone. Really tiny world. Unfortunately, the space under the house is also pretty tiny and Steve couldn't replace the pipe because he doesn't fit. He's out looking for a smaller plumber today. I kid you not.

On the health front, I switched to a new doctor and a new health plan where I get to choose who I go to. The new doctor is very folksy and nice and although the new health plan costs more, I figure it's a good investment as I start to get up there in years. You know you're getting old when you turn off the radio because it is just too much noise. Even as I turn it off for that very reason I think to myself I can remember when someone older than me made that same statement and I just couldn't understand how anyone would consider great music, noise. Live and learn.

2 Comments:

  • At April 20, 2005 at 6:56 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I think plumbers should list their size in their ads. "I'm 6'2" and can reach most ceiling pipes." or "I'm 5'0" and only 90lbs; I can fit in most tight spaces."

     
  • At April 20, 2005 at 6:57 AM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    I think Adam has reached the "old" mark. When I pick him up from practice, he usually turns the radio down and it's usually his station.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home