Procrastination (But I Digress)

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Whaaaaaat?

I love getting into the car and having room left over on the seat. I was looking up calories in a new little book that I got (for free at the PTA convention) that tells you the calorie count for things at fast food restaurants. There are 1,125 calories in an order of small fries at the Steak Escape. That's without ketchup. That would be my whole freakin day's worth. I hope they are working on that pill that you take that magically removes the unwanted pounds and leaves muscle behind.

This morning was girl scouts--twenty very charming Brownies (third graders) all looking to me to teach them about being a patrol leader. They loved Fruit Salad (a variation of musical chairs), but my explanation that the game was more fun because of the enthusiasm that I added was lost on them. Oh well, sometimes fun can just be fun. They had never heard the bear song, so it was pretty cool to introduce a new group to it. My throat is raw, but it was totally worth it.

Today I am breaking down and I'm going to buy weekenders clothes. I was totally off buying weekenders clothes because they are not dressy enough and I got tired of them, but gosh darn it they are so easy to care for and easy to wear and pack and everything that the couple of outfits I have in medium are already my most worn clothes. I just can't bring myself to comfortably shop for clothes that fit. But this month we're collecting suits at ABWA for the Dress for Success project to help battered women, so my closet is getting cleaned out.

All of my groups and activities are coming to a hilt all at once. My list of things to do is three pages long and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Oh well, I'm off--that three pages of stuff is not going to do itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home