Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Two Speech Day

I missed Toastmasters last night to go to the School Board to give out awards to middle school students on behalf of Kiwanis. All the school board members wanted to shake my hand and tell me they were sorry that I didn't win. The awards were for a National Current Events contest and I told the kids they were positioning themselves well for Jeopardy.

So I guess to cosmically make up for missing Toastmasters last night, today I have two speeches to give and they are not even the same speech. I spoke at Kiwanis about the campaign (with everyone saying afterwards that I shouldn't give up and that I should run again and I thought what do they think that Ardy's going to retire in 4 years--he's only 27.) Tonight I'm giving a speech about estate planning to an ABWA group. It's my Roseann and Dan Connors speech--I think it's funny, but we'll see. This is supposed to be a speech to get people to want to hire me to do their estate planning, but it's in Anaheim and I don't think too many of them will want to come all the way to Glendale, so it's really just for the free dinner--oh that's right I won't eat the dinner. Ok, I have no idea why I'm giving a speech in Anaheim--I must secretly want to sit on the freeway for an hour each way, oh and maybe they'll clap. That's always nice.

On the chance (100% probability) that I won't eat the dinner, I'm having a bag of popcorn--260 calories--damn metabolism. You have to feed it all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home