Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Does Purple Go with Black, Pink and Light Blue

This blouse looked good in the dark of my room this morning, but in the cold light of my office, I'm not so sure. What's the point of wearing your best suit that looks great on you if you ruin it by wearing the wrong blouse. Ugh.

Well I am officially a toastmaster (though I don't think you really get to use the title until you actually give a speech--maybe I have to wear my pin upside down or something until then). Last night the subject was science fiction and I thought, there's nothing for me to talk about because I don't really like science fiction. I was pleasantly surprised at how varied the topic became and how many things there really were to discuss. Where will you be on May 17th at 2:30 a.m. when the final episode (actually Episode 3) of Star Wars opens? What's your favorite old science fiction tv show (Third Rock from the Sun). There's a time keeper, a grammarian and evaluators. There are three main speeches, but everyone speaks about a topic during introductions and then again during table topics. The group votes for the best speech, best evaluator, best introduction and best topic leader. And it's held at my favorite Italian restaurant, yum.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home