Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Maybe I should try parachuting

I seem to be into risk taking lately. I spoke with one of the college trustees that I know and she said they have candidates from the college foundation, so I will not be sending in my name after all. I can't believe that I almost sent it in without calling her first. So risky and adventurous for the sake of adventure alone.

I always wanted to go parachuting, but when I was young it was too expensive and then I was too unhealthy and now I'm thinking about it again. Maybe I should try riding a bike again first--baby steps.

I picked up a trip tic for my weekend trip to Sacremento and Fresno is on the way. I'm going to Fresno in August for Kiwanis, so I can check out the trip on the way and probably drive to that one too. My court appearance on Thursday got cancelled, so I can't decide whether I should go up early or not. What would Jesus do? (Is that playing ok in this crowd? It just poped into my head divinely and I am taking those risks.)

5 Comments:

  • At April 26, 2005 at 11:55 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Boy, I already had you installed with your picture on the wall (that is what happens here--once your picture is up you are in).

    I think those bracelets should say WWED (I am the only E you know right?).

     
  • At April 26, 2005 at 12:19 PM, Blogger marty said…

    Jesus would spend as much time in Sacramento as possible. He liked to be among the sinners.

    Do you remember the story of a man looking at a $14.95 baseball hat with WWJD on it. His comment was that he didn't think Jesus would pay $14.95 for a stupid hat.

     
  • At April 26, 2005 at 2:28 PM, Blogger marty said…

    They do have WWBD hats and such.

     
  • At April 27, 2005 at 6:32 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I just noticed the misspelling in your last line "It just poped into my head..." Was that a slip or a clever turn of phrase?

     
  • At April 27, 2005 at 9:07 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Well I don't know how clever it was--when I typed popped, I typed it with one p and then thought, one p or two and then realized that one was pope with a d and so I left it. But if you'd rather give me credit for incredible cleverness, I'll take it. The real truth is that I was still laughing out loud that I said to myself what would Jesus do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home