Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Great Convention

One million members in California--PTA. I drove up to Sacramento this weekend to a PTA convention. I've been to lots of conventions and this was the best ever. The classes were really informative, well presented and attended by folks with really good questions. The actual business meetings were just like Girl Scouts with resolutions and points of order, questions from the floor, etc., but here there were a group of students that were very active in the resolution process and the arguments were well thought out and informative. On Sunday morning there was an amendment from the floor that inserted a word and the word "and" after it. That made the sentence gramatically incorrect and I was so into the process that I was personally offended when it passed. They later said that all resolutions would be edited for grammar, so I felt better. The drive was very pretty, green hills because we've had so much rain. A great trip.

Back home on the range, I received a packet to apply for a job as a part time high school teacher in law. It's a very complicated application, but no worse than all that campaign junk, so it'll be fine. The job could start this summer or next fall a couple afternoons a week. I don't know how Susan thought of me for the job, but I'm really glad she did.

Finally under the catagory of strange happenings, last night I had a heck of a time taking off my knee highs--they wouldn't come down off my calf without a lot of tugging. Seems the muscles in my calves are getting quite tough.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home