Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, May 16, 2005

Hurry Up and Wait

I had to work on Saturday and Sunday this week to get a big project out that's due Tuesday. I cleared my schedule all day today and tomorrow and now the project was pulled. There's such a gapping hole now. I know I have stuff to do, but I also know that it can wait because I was planning on letting it wait until Wednesday already. Oh well.

Is it just me or is it impossible to find a sweater in the stores. Mervyns actually told me that they don't stock sweaters in the summer--it's freezing at night, what are they thinking? I work next to a mall--you'd think with that much selection, I'd have no problem. You'd be wrong. There is not a single ordinary sweater in the entire mall. I finally found an ok yellow sweater (not ordinary yellow either--kind of a muted, grayish yellow). I did find one black sweater, but it was $70 and it had frills all over it. The only white sweater that I could find was on the floor and didn't have a tag. When I asked for a manager they wanted way too much for the thing that should have been marked down a lot for the stains on it. I hate shopping.

I'm reading Moby Dick and now I remember why I've never read it before. Although it is very interesting writing, Melville is a lot long on philosophy and metaphysics. I'd rather go back to diet books.

TTFN

1 Comments:

  • At May 17, 2005 at 5:03 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Boy are you right about Melville. I remember reading Billy Budd in high school and hating it. And everytime I would get it into my head that I should read Moby Dick I remember that. I can answer "Call me Ismael" (thanks Love Boat) in any trivia game and that is enough for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home