Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Ah Spring--no wait this is supposed to be summer

It is cold and damp--reminds me of the first day all the snow is melted and gone in Spring. So much for going to the bright summer colors.

You are all officially jealous--wireless mouse and keyboard are so cool. And the keyboard has so many extras--I press one button to get into Jackson's site in the morning. I made it number three which is right in the middle and prominate, but not number 1 or 2 which are the court and westlaw--I mean it is my computer at work and I should set an example for my employees and all. But then again, it's not like they'll ever use my computer or even know how I've set up the keys, so it's really more of a psycholgical thing for me to remind me that I am at work and I shouldn't just be visiting Jackson all day long. I have things to do like, well I'm sure I'll think of something to look up on westlaw.

My speech was rescheduled to next Tuesday since I couldn't present it last week while I was off be awarded the Thanks badge for girl scouts--highest award out there--woo hoo. So I was supposed to be the Grammarian next week, but now that I have a speech, I have to hand that off to someone else. But I already picked my words for the topic summer: Flaxbalm (wrong spelling in case you are looking it up--it's from an Emily Dickenson poem about Summer) and solstice--I could be wrong, but I think the group won't miss trying to put these words into their speechs for the night. The alternates were heat (with a long explaination of all the different meanings and connotations) and sunshiny (such a cool Beatlesesk word). I like those better, but where's the challenge. Oh well, the next available topic to be the grammarian for is Vacation--does anyone know some really good words that go along with the theme Vacation?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home