Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, July 15, 2005

The Saga Continues

The bank sent me a letter to tell me that the investigation about payment of my $50 fee was underway. Then I got my statement. The fee is no longer showing as outstanding. As a matter of fact there are three credits for $50 on my account. Wait, wait, let this sink in. Yes, three.--I paid twice, but there's three credits. I have a bank error of $50 in my favor at this time. If they'd come out and say we are waiving the fee because we've caused you so much trouble, that would be very cool, but errors make me nervous. I'll keep my eyes pealed.

I don't remember if I've shared that Melody is moving to my sitting room. She likes to leave her tv on to go to sleep, so that will be a challenge (yes, I can hear it through the wall--I'm eery wierd that way). I was mentally going through everything in the room and where it would all fit and I remembered my panel of pictures. I think that Melody gets the panel of pictures. Not that I'd let her change any of them. Downsizing is hard work.

They haven't let Mary out of the hospital yet. She thinks later today or tomorrow. I'm going to spend most of the weekend there, but I'm no Florence Nightengale so I'm not sure how much use I'll be. But it is going to be record breaking heat and Mary's got air conditioning so it won't be that tough to hang out at her house. I'm missing a seminar on Saturday, but I'll see that speaker again in a few weeks, so no harm.

Finally, the saga of my new teaching job--I haven't been officially hired yet, but they want to know if I have a list yet of all the law offices where the kids will be interning. HUH. I had no idea--this is growing by gigantic proportions day by day.

5 Comments:

  • At July 16, 2005 at 11:21 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I think $50 is fair payment for them screwing up, but you shouldn't actually spend it.

    Remind us all again about the teaching job. I remember you talking about something like that but it was a long time ago.

     
  • At July 17, 2005 at 9:13 AM, Blogger paulette said…

    I know what you mean about "not Florence Nightengale". When I used to "sit" with Nancy, I made it very clear that I was nothing but a warm body who could use the phone in an emergency.

     
  • At July 18, 2005 at 9:26 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    It's an Intro to Law class for high school two afternoons a week. It's supposed to introduce careers in law to seniors in high school. The school district guy wants it to turn into a debate club and the last teacher was actually teaching law.

     
  • At July 18, 2005 at 1:28 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    Among the furniture rearrangement of Mel moving into your sitting room maybe you could try moving the tv to another wall.

     
  • At July 18, 2005 at 4:19 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Yes, we're going to do that, but I'm not holding my breath that it will solve the problem. Adam just showed me that my DVD player plays my CD's so now I can get rid of my stereo & CD player and the hugh speakers. Yeah!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home