Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The biggest loser

That's me with 119 combined pounds and inches, I am the biggest loser at Curves since they opened in Kenneth Villiage. I tied for losing the most weight, but I was almost double the next person in lost inches. HCIT.

In other awards, I gave my speech at Toastmasters yesterday. I totally lost the audience in the last paragraph of the body of the speech--too much content, not enough laughs, but they gave me an award for the best speech of the night anyway. I was up against Dean who makes his living consulting with people to improve their business (his speech was about what makes a successful team using "The Incredibles," the movie, as an example) and Beth who has won awards for her speeches in toastmasters (but who can't make eye contact to save her life). I also won an award for best table topic. It wasn't that memorable to me, because I couldn't even remember what I had said. We had two speaking opportunities in the meeting, one was about our favorite elementary school teacher and the other about the vacation we most wanted to take. I thought I got the award for Sister Elizabeth and it was actually for how I used to want to go to China, but no more.

Mary is fine. She's getting a bunch of tests, but they also make her do breathing exercises and take her pills on time. She was in terrific spirits when I left yesterday and maybe the doctor will tell her she can go home today. We'll see.

7 Comments:

  • At July 13, 2005 at 10:32 PM, Blogger marty said…

    I don't think you need better hearing, you just need to pay attention to who you say what. Maybe getting over yourself would be a step in the right direction.

    The last time you posted misinformation I ask you to look it up, the proof was there, but you opted out of that. Unfortunately even faced with facts your mind (like 'W's) wouldn't change.

    This time I can only offer you circumstantial evidence. If you had said that to me the conversation would have ended quickly and notably.

     
  • At July 14, 2005 at 5:00 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Woo hoo for you loser!! Combining pounds and inches seems a little strange but if it makes you the biggest loser I'm all for it.

    I am glad you got to do your speech. Each one should get better and better, right?

    Daddy, I don't know what this public berating is about, but chill the hell out!

     
  • At July 14, 2005 at 6:37 AM, Blogger marty said…

    It was about PUBLIC comments.

    Good bye blogs.

     
  • At July 14, 2005 at 7:06 AM, Blogger paulette said…

    Kathy, I love you like crazy. I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished I don't even know where to start.

     
  • At July 14, 2005 at 12:17 PM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    Susan is going to split a rib when she hears about how much you lost. Good job! I know it hasnt been easy but you stuck to your guns. No matter how much junk food we had laying around! I too am very proud. And maybe just a little bit jealous!

     
  • At July 15, 2005 at 9:38 AM, Blogger Adrienne said…

    Since everyone has a ticker now. You could do one to show how much you have lost.

     
  • At July 16, 2005 at 11:22 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Can you do a ticker like that? That would be very cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home