Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, July 21, 2005

So I was at the bank

and I noticed a really, really ugly woman in the monitor. You know how you just have to look at a car wreck, so I looked again, only this time in a split second I realized that the really ugly woman was me. OMG. I had dark circles under my eyes and I looked all gaunt and mean and uggggllly. I swear, I'd have frightened little children. I blame Harry Potter. I mean John Stewart is also partly to blame, but I never looked that ugly from just staying up to see John--It's all Harry's fault. So I'm standing there in line and without looking obvious I was trying to soften my face with a little smile and trying not to look at myself in the monitor, but pay attention to the ridiculously bored tellers to catch when they will actually look up and invite you to their cage. For a person who hates banks, I am treasurer for too many organizations.

Someone at the gym asked me what I had planned for today--I should have said, I'm practicing my smile to get just the right size that will alleviate the shadows under my eyes so that I won't scare little children.

Oh but there was a good line in Harry Potter. Dumbledoor was explaining to Harry that yes, as a man, he (Dumbledoor) does make mistakes, but being rather cleaverer than most, his mistakes are huger. HCIT.

7 Comments:

  • At July 21, 2005 at 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    your not ugly and you have a beautiful smile. and what is HCIT?

     
  • At July 21, 2005 at 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aaahhh...sorry i should of wrote my name at the end of that...it's not taking my blogger name for some reason. well that lost comment was me!
    ⋄melody

     
  • At July 22, 2005 at 7:47 AM, Blogger paulette said…

    I knew it. I knew you would be one of the first people to read the new Harry Potter. Do you have to pretend its for Adam when you buy it, or can you claim it as your own?

    I can't immagine you ugly. All your overwork is screwing with your perception.

     
  • At July 22, 2005 at 9:07 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    It's Adrienne's book--as soon as she finished it she offered it to Marisa who passed and then it was my turn. I tried to pass, but then it might leave the house and I can't wait that long.

    I have decided to embrace excellent writing that appeals to me whether intended for children or adults. It's a great series and it's not like I don't look forward to reading Anne of Green Gables again.

     
  • At July 22, 2005 at 1:10 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I would like to jump on the "you're not ugly" bandwagon!

    When does the next Anne of Green Gables come out? I might pre-order that one.

     
  • At July 22, 2005 at 3:41 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Of course I'm not ugly--I've been practicing that softer smile for two days now. I am awful fat though. It's always something. haha

     
  • At July 24, 2005 at 9:56 AM, Blogger Gretchen said…

    So what is HCIT?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home