Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, August 01, 2005

Weather Watch

I heard that we were on Storm watch yesterday--they were predicting flash floods. We didn't have any weather here at all (sunny and hazy as usual), but apparently Los Angeles County is so big, that in the foothills (I thought that was us, silly me) they had quick and very heavy storms during the day. Only in California as the saying goes.

I need a place to put clutter in my room. There was nothing on TV last night so I went through the IKEA catalog cover to cover twice. On the second run through I found a children's chest that looks like it is just the right size and color for a whopping $12. That's my kind of find. Now if I can get a committment from myself to buy that and only that at IKEA, I'll be allowed to go. They also have a very cute crib that transforms into a toddler's bed and a very cool double bed that is raised off the ground so that you can have a desk underneath it and very nice quilts and pillows that I don't really need. I think that committment better be in writing.

Someone banged on our door at midnight last night causing Adrienne to call the police. They looked around the house and didn't find a prowler, but they did find black widow spiders that we need to take care of. Adam was up really early today--I think he wanted to warn the gardener about the spiders. And our refridgerator is really hot in the center--if the butter is too close to the side in the door, it melts. The internet site said that when it is hot in the house, the motor works harder and so it will get hot. Well it is pretty hot in our house--I sure hope that motor doesn't overheat. My vacation is nine months away. I think I need a ticker.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home