Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, August 12, 2005

Dog Days of Summer

When I look around my office--I have so much to do, but it really can all wait--I think, it's the dog days of summer. There's stuff to do, but it's just too hot to do anything. It's not that hot right now, knock on wood, but the feeling of heaviness of summer is still there.

Since July just ended, I've been thinking a lot about Christmas. I guess I like Christmas too much to limit it to it's alloted time and just like the idea of thinking about Christmas in July, but since I was too busy to think about Christmas in July, I'm thinking about it now. I don't like to say Christmas in August thought, it's just not the same.

I think I am officially hired as a teacher for the fall--I had to fill out a lot of paperwork for the school district and pay them more money (what kind of job costs more than you are going to make in the first month???) for another fingerprint test. I had to do a fingerprint test for the county for the credentials and now for the school district, because they are actually hiring me. I had to get a TB test. Luckily my doctor is on vacation, because that's where they told me to go and I would have paid $45 for my co-pay, plus for the test because it would be under my deductible. Since my doctor is on vacation they reluctantly told me that I could go to the County health department where I got it done for $5. Of course they don't tell you that you have to come back in 48 hours so that they can check it. That would have been another $45 co-pay for my doctor--it's a darn good thing she's on vacation.

Boy I have a lot to do. And I didn't play spider solitare at all on Tuesday, but stayed late on Wednesday to work on ABWA and ended up playing spider instead. I keep thinking I'll just play until I win, then I don't win for so long that when I do win, I'm so happy that I hit play again without thinking. How did people live before computers?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home