Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, September 23, 2005

It's Friday already

And Jackson turned 21 today--Happy Birthday kiddo. Oh how the days go by.

I've been following the evacuation for Rita and I'm trying to imagine sitting in gridlocked traffic for hours and hours afraid that I'll run out of gas in the heat and not being able to use the air conditioner. I'm sure glad I don't live there. We had some earthquakes here, but they were not too much and they were centered far away. I think the only reason that I felt them at all was because our building is on rollers.

I gave my students an open book, oral quiz yesterday. They think I'm the coolest and I get to find out what they really don't know and fix it. It's a win, win. Next week I'm going to have an observer, so I'll have to get it together a little better. I tried to show the students how to do research on Westlaw and then I couldn't find what I was looking for--Ugh. For my class that I'm taking to satisfy the credential, I have to take a movie or do a story board of the class I'm teaching. Mel has a video camera, so she's going to come to the class next Tuesday and take a video. Last night I took pictures of us working on the computer. We're supposed to show the tools that we use to teach the class, but I don't think a great big picture of my brain is going to get me the grade. I'm trying to think outside the box and go with desks and computers--maybe we'll have the students do tricks. My kids are really great--I'm having a blast. The tech said that the class probably won't be cancelled because it's the first sememster. Of course, then the pressure is on to get lots more kids enrolled next semester. Fun times usa.

1 Comments:

  • At September 26, 2005 at 5:43 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Lyle was just lamenting this weekend that half that kids in one of his classes seem to be getting it and the other half don't. If nobody did he could change the class or go over this stuff again, but if half of them are doing fine you don't want to dumb in down for the yutzes. Teaching is hard.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home