Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, September 30, 2005

Another Observer

Last night I had another observer for my class--a Teacher's teacher. The kids were great and we had lots of participation. One girl spontaneously said that the class was really fun at the end. The observer was not bowled over--she pointed out that I used too much lecture and I didn't give homework. I, on the other hand, am still bowled over. I think that they are learning amidst all this fun.

The fires are not close to us--the Burbank fire while close on a map is well away from us. The fires in Chatsworth are visible from Dad's back porch, but very unlikely to come any where near him. The real problem is the smoke. The air is very unhealthful. (Adam worried about the dog going outside, because of the smoke and we don't have nearly as much as the west valley--I can't even smell it.)

I'm doing a story board for my class project tonight--they actually have dry erase presentation boards--it is very cool. Now if I can just figure out how to get the pictures off my camera onto a piece of paper and onto the board. Since the point of the project is to show our technological skills, and printing a picture from a digital camera is at the low end of being technically competent, I better at least figure that out. TTFN

2 Comments:

  • At October 1, 2005 at 11:24 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    Handy that you live with a bunch of technically competent people so you are forced to figure things out for yourself lest you seem less technically competent.

     
  • At October 2, 2005 at 11:02 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    I asked Melody and she said to e-mail the pictures to Sirapi (who has a color printer) and then print them. Sirapi told me that I had to press a button that looks like a thumbtack and then the printer automatically put the pictures on 8 1/2 by 11. It was pretty simple when people told me what to do. The other students had video's, sound, music, editing and titles. But since only 8 out of 20 did anything, I think I'm still above average.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home