Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Murder in Glendale

OMG, someone was murdered in the house behind our house. We live in Glendale for heaven's sake--one of the safest cities in the country. I happened during the day, before Adam got home from school, because the police had the street taped off when he got home. The news said that a 21 year old was shot and died at the hospital (USC--we have three hospitals in Glendale, why did they go all the way to USC. Adam thinks it was by helicopter and maybe they were the only ones with a gunshot trama unit--I mean Glendale is one of the safest cities in the country so maybe Glendale doctors aren't experienced enough with gunshot victims--OMG).

The paper also says that there were two unrelated shootings in Glendale--Western and the 5 freeway (8 blocks away) and Glenwood and Alameda (12 blocks up the street) OMG. One kid was hit, but he was treated at the hospital and all of the participants in these shot outs were arrested.

Meanwhile, back on the farm... I handed out grades in my class yesterday to disbelief and quiet resignation. I also handed out all the extra credit I could think of--I think it would be pretty cool to give out all A's, but if they don't learn anything, what's the point. We'll see.

One project was to learn the new bankruptcy laws, which I think is really cool, but the kids, not so much interest. Go figure.

Finally, I gained two pounds but lost .60% body fat--my biggest loss of body fat in a month. I think that is good news, but the two pounds is weighing down my elation.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home