Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, February 20, 2006

Work, work, work

Sunday I read a book. From start to finish in five hours. Yes, that's right, five hours to just sit and read. I love holiday weekends. On Saturday, it's true I was at work and yes I didn't finish what I'd planned to get done, so I was going to go to work again on Sunday. But Sunday morning it occurred to me that I could always go in on Monday instead, because Monday was a holiday. Most of the time this logic would not work on me, because work should come before holiday and then once my work is done, I'll enjoy the holiday on Monday even more. But I know from vast experience, that WORK IS NEVER DONE. I'm at the point in my life when sometimes, I want my dessert first.

Now it is Monday and I'm at work and my holiday is already over. And it wasn't even a very good book. Seems a shame to have wasted the calories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home