Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Competent Toastmaster

I finished my 10th speech in Toastmaster and won the Best Speaker award and made people think about their ideas about the Death Penalty. The next level of the speech contest that I am in with my "Buy Girl Scout Cookies" speech is next Wednesday. The next level is in May in Burbank and the final level (I haven't figured out how many levels there are in between) is in Hawaii. I have to pay my own way, but if I win all the way to that point, I'm going. (I hope it's not the same weekend as the New York trip I'm in a contest for).

Once you complete 10 speeches, then you go on to earning a Bronze award--10 more speeches in formats that you pick from different books. I chose the storyteller booklet and the humorous speech booklet as my next levels. I remember right after college, I had this big let down that I wasn't working for grades any longer--I missed that feedback (of A's). This trophy and award stuff is almost as good--it's not an A, but it's pretty nice feedback.

2 Comments:

  • At April 13, 2006 at 10:11 AM, Blogger Gretchen said…

    Refusal to buy Girl Scout Cookies now punishable by the death penalty.

    I understand missing the feedback that grades gave you. I wonder if people who got C's in school miss the feedback?

     
  • At April 13, 2006 at 5:57 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I never missed getting grades. I always got As but I always had to work really hard to get them; I did not miss working that hard at something I was not getting paid for.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home