Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Loss Leader

Apparently this you don't need willpower is a loss leader to get you to read the book, because the next chapter says, no bad self talk. Saying you have no willpower is a self fulfilling prophecy and apparently a bad thing. Don't be afraid of a little positive affirmation. No, Dr. Phil says, he doesn't mean "think thin" and then he goes on to describe thinking about yourself as thin (or as he says the person you are supposed to be--I read thin). He's very big on reality--get real--you have your "get real" weight. Of course when you actually look at the charts, your real weight is still pounds and pounds away, but reality, that's the ticket.

Since reality is soooo important, sports are going back up on the shelf. I won't say that I can't do sports, that would be negative self fulfilling prophecy talk and we know that's bad. We'll just say that putting sports up on a shelf will give me something to reach for. Baby steps ("What About Bob" was on a lot last week). First I'll walk and then I'll run and then we'll see.

1 Comments:

  • At April 18, 2006 at 6:44 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I love What About Bob. You be "peace" and I'll be "quiet."

    Rebecca and I decided on tennis tonight. When they get back from sabbatical he boys will be three and ready for lessons. Rebecca and I will take lessons with them and we should all be about the same speed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home