Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

To Be Organized or not to be

I am a big fan of that Clean House show. I don't like the "oh I can't let that go, unless the star promises new furniture or something" part, however. I look around my house and I say to myself, I wish Clean House would come here, but as Adam said last night (and he is right) I wouldn't give up my wonderful stuff (read junk to everyone else) for new furniture. I already have too much furniture. What's so great about new furniture anyway. My stuffs really great. But alas, my house is really full of stuff and pretty messy. I have a great cleaning lady that comes every three weeks. I try to encourage her to focus on the kitchen, baths and the floors, but she's very big into dusting. She moves all my stuff (really--it's like an explosion of a curio shop) all over the place and then puts it back any where she feels like (sometimes in a different room). It is very hard to get organized to begin with, but with someone coming around and messing up what little organization I can acheive, it's impossible.

So I go through these phases where I want to simplify, simplify, simplify. I put all the stuff I really could live without into boxes and planned a yard sale. It never happened. Then I put all the boxes of little stuff (that no one would want even if their house burned down) into my car and went to good will. That was nice, but it was so just a drop in the bucket. Phase two of my simplify movement is to fill up the boxes again. The problem of course is that there is not enough room to store the stuff I want to keep, but I already live in more house than I can afford. The only solution is to get rid of stuff I want to keep. That clean house show is pretty smart. I'm not calling them. Ever.

1 Comments:

  • At December 2, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Blogger Marcel said…

    One visit from Pat would solve much of your problem. She is a "fixer" and knows what to remove and what to keep. She is excellent at "house fluffing", when she leaves a house the owner is always satisfied. Also, she knows how to run a garage sale and price items so they sell. Too bad you do not live close by.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home