Procrastination (But I Digress)

Sunday, November 09, 2008

HI

The H I am grateful for is my Hairdresser. Last summer I stopped drinking diet coke--well not total cold turkey, I still drink it at restraurants, but not at home or the office any more. That had to save me at least $15 to $30 per week. Yes, I drank way too much diet coke. Now I drink water, but it has to be ice cold. Anyway, I wanted to reward myself for sticking with it, but not with food. What did I want that I wouldn't allow myself that wasn't food? Someone else to wash and blow dry my hair. What a frivolous expense I've always thought. I love it. She puts something on my hair that makes it silky smooth. She's divorced, but has no children. She has three nephews--the oldest is 40, still not married. She just doesn't understand young people. (My hair takes a long time to blow dry and she likes to talk.)

My I that I am grateful for is ice. Cast Away was on tv last night and the shipwrecked character was observing that he never thought he would be sitting in a house with ice in his glass again. When we went to Europe, getting ice was such a luxury. I have to make ice manually at the office, but I am so thankful that we have a freezer at all. At home I have an ice maker, but every once in a while it goes on the fritz and that is a sad, sad time until more ice is made. What would I do without ice. P.S. I like ice cream a lot too.

1 Comments:

  • At November 10, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Blogger Marcel said…

    Your Mother was an ice-a-holic and she always wanted some at her side. This great, simple pleasure in life is very underated. Of course, many who enjoy ice never take the time to wonder what life would be like without it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home