Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

History in the Making and Color me Green

I saw a frontline episode last week about the current presidential election. It was presented in the way that you would present a historical event, showing the highlights with commentary by a number of analysts to put it into context. They simply touched on the highlights and explained the deeper meanings of the events. Maybe I watch too much public television, but the events that they showed were the important events that I remembered, especially with regard to the changes I've felt in John McCain over the years. But I started to cry when Obama spoke about how he loved his white Grandmother who was at times racist. That I had missed. I already admired his ads that while critical of McCain, criticize the policies and not the man. As much as I've always admired Hillary Clinton, I am completely convinced that Obama will make a better president. I am afraid for our country if we fail to elect him and I am thrilled for our country that we are lucky enough that he is willing to serve as our president. I believe that we have some very difficult times to come (baby boomers are going to take a big bite out of social security any minute now and it's not even on the radar given all the other problems we are facing). Obama is inspiring and intelligent. We need that. Someone said that they wanted to vote for Obama, because he will look like a good president to the rest of the world. I think they are right--he would increase our esteem overnight. I want to write a letter to McCain and apologize for not choosing him--as much as I admire his independence and straight talk, I do not agree with his policies and I am frightened by his constitutes (as he seems to be at times as well).

In other news, I bought gas for the first time since I purchased my new car 16 days ago. It would only take a little less than 4 gallons and the guy at the gas station was kind of upset to give me so much change back. I'm averaging over 40 miles to the gallon. I saw a program about solar energy on PBS last night--I really think I need that. I think I have greenitis.



3 Comments:

  • At October 20, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Blogger Sean M. said…

    I think I have green-itis too! Unfortunately I can't afford solar panels or a hybrid car, but I do what I can!

    Oh, and AMEN on all your info about Obama!

     
  • At October 21, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    4 gallons indeed. You are almost as profligate as your father.

    For as much sun as CA gets the whole state should be powered by solar panels and then they should be selling the excess power to the rest of us poor shlups living in the rain and snow.

    Good on you!

     
  • At October 21, 2008 at 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You shuld look into a bulk purchase deal with the oil company

    za

     

Post a Comment

<< Home