Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Disneyland

My 16 year old niece, Megan was visiting for a few weeks and I wanted to make sure that we did fun things while she was here. Four years ago when she visited, she really wanted to go to Sea World. The next year, she visited again and really wanted to go to Sea World. Two years ago, I again offered her Sea World, but she requested Disneyland. I thought she wanted Disneyland because that's her sister's favorite place (and her sister was living here at the time), so this year I once again offered Sea World. As the day got closer I casually mentioned that we could go to Disneyland if she preferred. She practically jumped out of her chair to say yes to Disneyland. Lucky me, I thought--I love Disneyland and although I like Sea World--it's just not love.

Adam and Jade came along making a perfect group. Although it was a very long drive there, and I took a wrong turn before finally getting to the parking lot and I almost swallowed my tougue from sticker shock at the price for four adults, it was so worth every bit of discomfort. We had the best time. It's a Small World was closed, bummer, but we didn't have to wait too long in line for many things. We got right onto the Tea Cups and the Train. We did wait for Nemo, but we had a fast pass for Soaring over California (best ride except of course for Space Mountain). The kids went on the Madahorn, but they closed splash mountain while they were in line. At the end of the evening, we shopped at the Ikea of Disneyland (one giant store with everything from every store in Disneyland in one place near the trams).

One thing I noticed was how many employees there were--it was an asounding number. And we heard many different languages walking around, so the number of foreign tourists was also very high. And then of course the sheer number of people was unfathomable. Adam said, how many people are we coming into contact with--how many people do we come into contact with in our lifetimes--millions. It boggled the mind (but I didn't get a chance to try the turkey leg-darn and I don't recommend the pizza, but Adam and Jade found many vegitarian things to eat and Megan found her chicken tenders). That was such a great day.

So if there are any tourists out there, I'm all ready to play tourguide and go to Disneyland again. It's a Small World opens in November--I'm clearing my calender now.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home