Procrastination (But I Digress)

Thursday, November 06, 2008

"Fun"raisers

I'm grateful for all the fun fundraisers I participate in each year. When I join something I usually go all in and that means working on the fundraisers. Each year I join committees and try to be the voice of reason (I don't want a garage full of cook books that won't sell), but I usually feel like I'm being too pessimistic. I mean it's not like I have lots of left over girl scout cookies--except for that one case of cookies from two years ago--the garbage can was always too full to throw them out. Any way, I just suggested a theater night for ABWA and I'm really looking forward to it.

The PTA has a new fundraiser--an e-bay auction--everything with bids starting at .99 to keep the cost down, but hoping to bring in a lot. Well I'm graduated out of the PTA, so I wasn't planning on getting too involved, but Adrienne is still working for the PTA. She suggested I give the PTA two pictures that I purchased years ago at a YWCA Art Auction fundraiser when I was the President. I had to buy something, but the two pictures I got never really fit my house, so they've been in the back of the closet. Anyway, Adrienne went on e-bay and figured out that one of them is worth more than $500. I know I didn't pay $500. I wanted to support the Y, but I don't think I would have gone that high. So the PTA gets a great prize and I get more room in my closet. So I worked at the PTA consession stand last week and all of the parents kept saying thank you for the donation to the e-bay auction--free kudos--I love it.

Today I was at Soroptomists (yes, I'm joining a new thing after all girl scouts and pta are done now) and they had their annual giving list--all my favorite causes (girl scouts, the YW). I can't wait to go to their big fundraiser of the year--Bras for Causes. All the members decorate a bra design--the wilder the better and then they are auctioned off. It's a hoot.

Last week I went to the Red Cross fundraiser--it's a comedy night. I was thinking about skipping it--I mean the price of the ticket went to a good cause, I was tired, I like vegging out in front of the tv and this was going to take a lot of my tv time out. But, I went anyway. I had told a few people that I would be there and I invited Adrienne so we went. It was hilarious. I am so glad that we went. They were so funny. What a great idea for a fundraiser.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home