Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, November 03, 2008

ABC and bonus letter D

I guess I'm behind in this alphabetical gratitude list counting down to Thanksgiving, so let me catch up to put in my two cents worth of stuff I am grateful for:

A--I guess since Adrienne says that she already got her kudo's from Gretchen, I'll have to go with Adam. Adam has been dropping in to visit me once or twice a week since he started college to bring me up to date on all his classes and projects. I love, love, love bragging about him to anyone who gives me the slightest opening. This past Saturday I worked at the PTA Concessions for his old high school and got plenty of opportunities to brag about him--talk about heaven.

B--Barack Obama. I feel blessed that someone so intelligent and dedicated is willing to put up with the stupid horse race of politics.

C--Christmas--sorry Gretchen, I have to agree. It's my favorite time of the year. The only thing missing is snow in California. Peace on Earth and Good Will toward all just seem possible at Christmas, no matter how busy the stores are, no matter how disappointing holiday meals are, no matter how disappointing gift receiving and giving are, no matter how boring the actual day is. I'll still look at a simple Christmas tree with lights and get a warm feeling of love and contentment. A few years back, I started reading Emily Dickenson poetry on Christmas eve or Christmas morning as kind of a personal tradition. I can't believe that she wrote all that stuff so long ago. The sheer volume and depth is amazing. [Can I have two--I'm crazy for Caitlyn, or three I've always been very happy to be competent at so many things. I'm not very happy with this alphabet--I hate spelling.]

D--I'll be working the elections tomorrow and I won't have a moment to blog, so I'll blog my D early. Daydreaming. If I'm out of stuff to read, I have a pretty good imagination to make up some entertaining day dreams. One of these days, I'm going to write them down and become a very famous author, or at least a published author (even if I have to self publish). See, I told you I can dream.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home