Procrastination (But I Digress)

Monday, November 24, 2008

I'll be thankful at the end of alphabet hell

ZZZ's--I am thankful when I can get a proper nights sleep. More and more often I wake up in the middle of the night and I don't always fall asleep right away. More and more often, for reasons completely unknown to me, I put off going to bed until later and later and then I sit and read for a while. Lately I have started taking naps on weekend afternoons. I'm not old enough to need a nap in the afternoon.

I am grateful for Yes. When I ask someone to do something, I really like to get a yes. I get so frustrated and angry when people tell me it can't be done. My computer has been acting up for months at work, but the computer people kept saying nothing was wrong with it. Finally I kept a diary of everything that went wrong for a month and gave it to the office manager, who finally said that they were getting me a new computer. So I have a new computer and I asked if everything on my c drive would be transferred over--YES, I was told. I asked if all of my addresses on my e-mail list would be transferred over--YES I was told. I was very happy and grateful until I tried to use my e-mail list. Apparently I didn't know the correct question to ask and they have no idea what I'm talking about, but none of my e-mail addresses are there anymore. I'm very sad at the lack of Yes I cans.

I can only think of one word that begins with X--X-ray. Think about it, how revolutionary is the x-ray to medicine. I only have it done once in a while for my teeth, but any broken bone is no big deal now that the doctor has an X-ray.

My U is Useful. I am very grateful when I can be useful. I hate volunteering for something and then standing around with nothing to do. I want to be put to work if I am giving up my time to be there. I also hate having nothing to do in general. I make myself long to do lists and even on vacation, I plan books to read and fun things to do. If I can figure out a way to be useful, I'm very happy.

I think I am caught up with my grateful letters, although no longer in order. I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving for the turkey this year. I went out and purchased a turkey that I am not cooking for Thanksgiving--a whole turkey of leftovers. I love turkey leftovers. What a great weekend this will be. Too bad I have planned to clean the entire house, get rid of all the excess stuff to goodwill and decorate for christmas and get my christmas cards out and organize my sitting room and if I have time go to work a few days and get ahead of all the stuff on my desk. Oh and since it is a holiday weekend, I also bought a couple of books to read. Has anyone tried KenKen--I just bought a book of those puzzles--they are pretty cool. I did the hardest one first and then went back to the easiest, but I got a better respect for them when I really messed up an easy one. They do require some concentration.

1 Comments:

  • At November 25, 2008 at 5:38 AM, Blogger Marcel said…

    I have no idea what KenKen is but when I am older and have some time I may look into it.

    When I got my new computer I had the same trouble, no address book. This was on AOL and I was assured that it transferred over. It took a while but I finally found how to bring it up.

    Sleep is highly over rated. So often we have heard "Get a good nights sleep and stay healthy". It may be for the majority, but there are many people that do with less. When the body feels like sleeping (like taking a nap) that is the time to make the most of it.

    The X-ray has another function that is important only when you get older. It locates arthritis and arthritic nodules. I have an arthritic nodule in my shoulder. It can be removed but the cost is so high I have decided to live with it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home