Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The doldurms of the alphabet

As letters go, I've never been that fond of J and K. Sure I adore our J (Jackson), but I am trying not to choose family members as what I am most grateful for. And true, I love that my own name begins with a K--it feels so much more elegant than a C (although many elegant Catherine's come to mind). I didn't think of Jeopardy independently, so it shouldn't count, although it really is right up there with my all time favorite things (I do make my dinner during the introduction of the contestants part and therefore, I usually miss the second half of the first round. Too bad there's no tv in the kitchen--I am so deprived.)

No, my J and K are pretty mundane, but nonetheless I am grateful for each of them. I like the song Jingle Bells. It is just the easiest, funnest song to sing at the drop of a pin. I love to sing and whenever I'm in a pinch to entertain children, singing is a perfect out and jingle bells is the funnest way to travel. [Unfortunately Caitlyn has started to protest when anyone sings--even me and I'm her favorite person who lets her have her binky anytime she wants it.]

As you know, I just got a new car and it comes with a wonderful feature--keyless entry. When I walk up to my car with my "key" (it's really one of those beaper things) in my pocket, the car recognizes me and unlocks the door as I approach. As long as the key is in the car, I just press "start" and the car goes on--no key. If I don't take the key out of the car when I get out, the door won't lock. I can never "lock" my "key" in the car. What will they think of next? [Don't say a tv for the kitchen--esa.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home