Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, November 14, 2008

What begins with N?

Nuns begins with N. I really liked most of the nuns that I've met in my life. I think that I had a pretty good start going to Catholic school and I am grateful for that start. I think that it has served me well over my life. My mind is otherwise completely blank on N's. I am terrible at letters. In my mind, I abreviate words to the first and last letters, but I don't think I store things in my brain by their spellings, because I am a terrible speller and I hate crossword puzzles. Give me sudoku anyday.

My M is the time I had with Matthew--I had a separate post, but it was too hard to put into words. Then I thought about music. I do love music, but since we started this "what are we grateful for game", my M has always been Matt. Even when I didn't want to name people, it changed to the time I had with Matt. The time I spend with Melody and Megan and Marisa-- through all our girl scout days--is pretty wonderful too, but...you know.

The culmination of this game is to appreciate what we have in life. There is a line in a Sheryl Crow song, be happy with what you've got. In that vein, I like the carpeting in my room--it always makes me smile. I like how soft my blanket is. I enjoy my kincaid prints and calenders. I like helping people. I like jeans that fit, even if I have to buy a bigger and bigger size to make that happen. I like chocolate chip cookies on Friday, although it seems to be Friday with alarming regularity. Time is just flying by. I like seeing the mountains out my window at the office. I like daydreaming about going on trips. I am grateful that I can read books more that once and still enjoy them, just as I am grateful I can see movies many times and still enjoy them. This list is pretty long and I can keep going and going. I think it is just the alphabet that I'm not too crazy about.

2 Comments:

  • At November 15, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Blogger Marcel said…

    I had not noticed that so many of the kids had names starting with M. Was that done intentionally?

     
  • At November 15, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Blogger Gretchen said…

    With my kids, Matthew was named after his grandmothers' maiden names (Matthew Beauregard), the next pregnancy we liked Melody if it was a girl and kept the B initial for middle name, had we had a boy everything would be different. When Megan came along it just seemed right to give her the same initials.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home