Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My T is Toastmasters

Finally, I'm thinking outside the box--just because there are 26 letters doesn't mean we have to do them in order. I am so grateful for toastmasters--we have so much fun. We had two guests today and the subject was giving thanks. People had some very meaningful and interesting things to be thankful for. During table topics, people are asked a question to answer off the cuff. While I'm sitting there waiting to answer a question, I'm forming an answer for everyone else's question. I am thankful for a lot more stuff than the alphabet can describe. Anyway we ask guests to comment at the end of the meeting and one of the guests said that she was touched at how personal people's stories were--how she remembered herself that she was grateful for so much. And yet, as serious as some of the information is, we still laughed most of the two hours. I have a cold and I usually avoid extra things when I'm sick, but I just couldn't miss toastmasters. (Don't worry, no shaking any one's hand, coughing in my elbow and head down--no breathing on anyone).

I have the weirdest colds--all weekend I was weak and stuffed up, but Monday when I wanted to stay home, I wasn't stuffed up anymore and not so weak that I couldn't get up, but I still had a mean cough. Today I'm not weak and I'm a little stuffy, but not too much, but that cough is brutal. Since I don't drink diet coke anymore, no more blaming it on diet coke. Oh well, I should be fine in three or four weeks.

So I chose Toastmasters for T instead of Tennis--how can that be? Tennis is cool, but Toastmasters is a weekly dose of fun. No contest.

And speaking of choices, how could I forget that my N must be Nestle Crunch bars--and how could anything ever beat chocolate for C and I love M&M's, umm, umm. And I is for Ice Cream--no wait, I did remembered that one. Oh yea! My R is Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. My complete downfall. All during my diet years, I never had a reeses peanut butter cup--but the first time I had one, I ate the whole bag. It really was the beginning of the end. So I guess I must decide if my S is to be skinny. I really liked it, but oh reeses...

1 Comments:

  • At November 19, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Blogger Marcel said…

    Five types of candies were represented with five letters, my feeling is that you could do the whole alphabet.

    Skinny is good, self-control is better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home