Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

V and W

Wit--I love me some good wit. Isn't it great to meet someone with a great wit? The most fun I have is hitting a groove where everything is funny. I am lucky to be related to some very witty people.

Volunteerism--I'm grateful for the volunteer opportunities that I have been able to have. I have met so many nice people. Sometimes when I'm driving (I'm not a nice driver--I get so frustrated with other drivers), I wonder if the other driver is someone I know from an organization I belong to. That makes me a little nicer of a driver and calms me. Adam once asked me if I know everyone in Glendale. The answer is of course, no, but I usually know someone that knows someone in many situations. Last year I was not asked to be the cookie chair for Glendale. It is a huge job and its a good thing that someone else is taking over, but the fact is that I miss it. So when I visited the Soroptomist and they had a "menu" of volunteer positions for their members, it was too good to pass up. If this is an illness, no cure is required.

Happy Thanksgiving and to all a good night.

1 Comments:

  • At December 2, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Blogger Marcel said…

    What a great first sentence, the wit is showing.

    To voluntarily use some of your time for other shows your nobility. On the other hand, it also reveals your desire to be liked by others. Life would be easier for you if you just did not give a damn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home