Procrastination (But I Digress)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The stress of stress

Stress is very stressful. I heard a study that said that English middleaged people were healthier than American middleaged people. It was a pretty big study and their theories discounted junk food, but one theory is that Americans work too much. It's the stress. I told my dry cleaner and he said that his wife is always telling him to take time off and go home earlier, but he says when he's home, he's just thinking about all the work he could be doing if he was at his business. Me too. I thought.

So I made a concerted effort to get more sleep. I went to bed an hour early, but I was so worried about getting more sleep that I couldn't fall asleep and I tossed & turned the whole night. I was so stressed out about being stressed out. Ugh.

Last night the whole family surprised me at the PTA meeting with an award for service--even Caitlyn was there. And I was the speaker about Teens and the Law, so that was fun.

And Adrienne and I finally went to 24 hour fitness on Sunday. We missed the cycling class (thank god--they were still riding long after Adrienne and I were done!)

On the whole, I really don't have anything to be stressed out about, so I think that all this stress is a figment of my imagination. Today is my class (only 10 more to go and so much work, but that can't be stressful because I really enjoy it and I completely control the measure of success--no stress allowed).

And then I have my speech. A friend in toastmaster said that I should tell my Cinderella story, but cut it to the bone as an exercise. I'm thinking about it--Mrs. Ivy doesn't have to go home in between figuring out that Angelica doesn't have the money to buy Cinderella a dress, that ought to save ten seconds or so. No stress.

Tomorrow is Kiwanis--last meeting before our major fundraisor--we're at 100 tickets out of 120 and my third isn't all the way sold, but no worries, I still have three days to sell the rest. No stress.

Tomorrow night is ABWA board meeting--we need to vote this month and a survey and a great program and I've invited two guests. Clockwork--everythings coming alone, no stress.

Thursday is a deposition and I'm missing the Legacy Luncheon so Gladys is going in my place. She'll buy stuff at the silent auction--I've done my part, no worries, no stress.

Class again on Thursday, only 8 more left and we have to have a field trip and maybe another Saturday class. No worries, no stress.

Friday is the major fundraisor and Adrienne and I want to go to 24 hour fitness at 5 p.m.. I'll have plenty of time to get ready. My dress was $14 and looks fine--easy, easy, easy. No stress. My shoes are ugly, but I don't care. No stress.

Saturday is ABWA and a very long drive. I think I will splurge and drive myself so that I don't have to rely on car pooling. There, no stress.

Saturday night is Hoover Street Scene--I volunteered to work the ticket counter--so easy, no worries. I am just too busy to have any stress. I think that study is all wrong about Americans.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home