Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Last Comic Standing

"I'm Pro-Life." pause "Except for those two times." I'm still laughing at that joke from last nights Last Comic Standing. If you have ever seen the movie Punchline, then you know how gut renching this process must be for these comics, so it is like watching a train wreck, but you can't look away (and sometimes there are extremely funny lines).

So I gave my speech last night. All the way up to minutes before I gave it, there was no clear purpose or closing. It was a story in which the truth of how I would vote on a jury completely undercut my belief system. I was thinking that this was a deep personal flaw, but Leon told me that of course it is harder to take a moral stand with a real threat standing in front of you. I have been tested before and in my own mind I have failed, but knowing my limitations and weaknesses, I hope that I don't allow myself to be put into the situations of compromise. "I'm pro-life, except for those two times." (I'm sorry however ironic, that is still so funny).

P.S. For those of you who don't know me--I'm pro-choice--no compromise (allowed). And I'm against the death penalty, except if I have a stone cold killer staring me in the face--so I don't carry a gun, ever. I know my limitations, besides if I had a gun, I would be oh so tempted to find that Ms. Rude Pants person, but I digress.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home