Procrastination (But I Digress)

Friday, June 11, 2010

Ha

Well today is Friday and yes there were cookies--so very delicious. I am wondering if they are so good that they can be used as a bribe not to eat anything else for the rest of the week like that girl in the Carl's Jr. commercial who is as skinny as a twig in her skimpy bikini, but she doesn't give up her Carl's Jr. hamberger to keep her figure. Probably not true, but I digress.

Thanks to Uncle John, I figured out how to change the title. I thought that was my user name, so I couldn't change it. If I had just read the directions...

Of course, now that I've named the blog, I'm writing this after all my work for the week is completed and I have a half hour before heading out to the Dodger game. It is a freeway game (against the Angels), but we are going to set a world record for the loudest, longest scream tonight--I'm sure it will lead the news tonight. Ossy Osborne (or someone just like him) has a new album called--you guessed it: Scream and as a promotion, he is eliciting the loudest, longest group scream for the worlds record tonight in the 5th inning at the Dodger's game.

You may ask yourself, self, Kathy doesn't like baseball--what gives? [And parantetically how in the world does she know about the screaming thing or for that matter who the Dodgers are playing.] Well, self, I was given free tickets to the Dodger game and Adam enjoys them very much, so I always accept free tickets. And this afternoon I was driving a lot, so I was listening to the radio. I flip between NPR, KCET which is the public radio and 1070 which is a CBS affiliate all news radio for traffic and weather (as though I need the radio to tell me the weather, but there it is). So between those two stations--guess who gave me all the great info on the game tonight--the high brow, intellectual public radio station! I know, who knew. Anyhoo, I am not normally a baseball fan and I am certainly not a fan of screaming, but there are worse ways to spend a Friday night in LA.

And, my two best friends are coming to the game with me and we always love catching up. Dodger dogs, best friends and my nephew to fill us in on all the baseball stuff. Life is good.

6 Comments:

  • At June 11, 2010 at 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Unless I'm mistaken, (fat chance) after a name change it took Sean almost four months to render another post.
    Don't be a copy-cat.

     
  • At June 11, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Blogger Sean M. said…

    I love the new title to your blog, it fits you and your writing so well! Also, I literally laughed out loud at the part where you said, "you may ask yourself, 'self, Kathy doesn't like baseball--what gives?'" The whole yourself, self thing was hilarious to me for some reason!

    I'm not sure who posted the anonymous comment, but it was actually three months (not a big difference, but I like the truth) between my posts. I will try to be better, and I'm sure Kathy would go insane if she couldn't blog for three months!

     
  • At June 12, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Strange that you should mention that. I wrote the note with three months then at proof reading I think I counted the fingers on my other hand and changed it to four.
    Sorry 'bout that.

    za

     
  • At June 13, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Blogger Sean M. said…

    Not a problem, I just wanted to set the record straight. I'm trying to blog more, if I have anything to say.

     
  • At June 13, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Blogger John Beauregard said…

    You may find live baseball boring. As a kid I played lots of baseball with the neighborhood kids. But when I went to my first live Tiger game at Briggs Stadium I thought I would die of boredom. With tennis or hockey or basketball there is continuous action but baseball, not so much. Enjoy your friends and Adam, you will have lots of time to chat.

     
  • At June 14, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Strangely, even though I could not see because there was a big guy sitting right in front of me, I had a very good time. It was fun catching up with my friends and it was fun rooting for the Dodgers (even though we lost by a lot). However, it was also very expensive for being "free tickets"--$27 for a dodger dog, some fries and a couple of drinks. TV's looking more and more attractive.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home