Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Musings

I found myself mad at a driver I was facing coming towards the intercetion because he veered to his left to make a left hand turn, but he didn't have his turn signal on. Idiot--that is a really short light and I am making a left hand turn, but no, I had to wait for him to go through the intercetion, which he didn't, since he was also turning left.

And then I realized that I too, did not have my turn signal on. I hate when that happens.

A few minutes later I turned off the radio in disgust. I was listening to the BBC and the commentator (whom I dislike because he sounds all smug and conceited--could be the accent, but I think not) said that there was a big development in a story out of Milasia. I hadn't heard any stories out of Milasia, so I am intrigued. (As Jon Stewart was say, go on....) Apparently there were two guys who declared their "engagement" and were jailed for being homosexuals and sentenced to 14 years in prison. But that's not the story. That's the back story. Then the President of the country pardoned them due to international outcry. But that's not the story--still back story. No the story is that one guy broke off their engagement and ran away with a 23 year old woman. That's the story that makes international news. My favorite commentator (not--need that sarcasm font) interviews another journalist who has in the past talked with these guys to find out why the guy broke off his illegal homosexual engagement and ran off with a 23 year old woman. It was soon apparent that the journalist that he was grilling hadn't spoken with the guy after he broke off his engagement. So we have second hand speculation from not a family member who's known all of the people forever--no second hand speculation from a journalist who once interviewed the guys about their incarceration. Apparently they didn't like going to jail. Stop the presses. (Sarcasm font). This is news? This is international news?

Now I am as gay rights as the next uber liberal guy on the block, but the balance of internation gay rights hinging upon the relationship of a gay couple that went to prison for being gay and one wants to run off with a 23 year old woman which inspires international commentary and speculation? I'm not feeling it. I am not going to see that movie. [Does make me wonder if my not favorite commentator is gay. That would be a much more interesting story if I were gay. Not that I'm ever going to Malasia--gay or not.]

It's wednesday. There are no cookies on wednesday.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home