Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

So You Know

How you shouldn't shop when you are hungry--you'll end up buying stuff you don't really need. You probably shouldn't start a diet when you are under a great deal of stress. The set up for failure is tremendous. That failure is it's own stressor, when you are already stressed to begin with. The never ending spiral never ends.

I have two trials set for next week. Not one, two. The first will be intense. It is a contingency case, which means, I only get paid if I win. I have already spent more time than I can possibly make even if I win everything. So I am basically working for free, but I have to work really hard to get what I've already invested. Of course my horoscope this week said "don't do it, if you
won't get paid" How could my horoscope possibly know??

I have to give my second trial to someone else, because I can't physically be in two places at the same time. Believe me, I've tried. While the other attorney is trying to be all nonchalant and insist that I take care of all the leg work before handing it over, I can tell he's excited to be going to trial. I would be too. I am. My last trial was more than a year ago and it really is the fun part of this job.

Still, I have little pouches on my face. Pouches right next to my mouth on either side. That has to be weight gain. I am opposed to weight gain anywhere, but on my face??? So it is drastic diet time, but I'm working on two trial briefs and I want them to be just right and that means reaching for the m&m's and cheese its as I search my brain for just the right word. In two weeks this will all be a memory. How much weight can I possibly gain in two weeks of eating whatever I want? Come to think of it, the stress of being in trial at court will stop me from eating at all. Maybe feast then famine is the way to go. Maybe I need those pouches to stock up for trial, so eating m&m's is part of my trial prep work. Hey, I'm a lawyer, I can argue anything.

3 Comments:

  • At January 7, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Blogger Marcel said…

    So you can argue anything. Can you argue yourself into weight loss?

     
  • At January 7, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    You are so funny. Thank you. One trial has been settled, the other is coming along--the ducks are lining up. I haven't even eaten all the m&m's...yet.

    But seriously, losing weight is like a magic cure. I really do have to get back on that wagon. It's a mindset. Learn from my mistakes. It is a mistake to have two trials in one week--check--I won't do that anymore.

    Build on my good habits and add new good habits. Argue myself to good health--what a great concept.

     
  • At January 10, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Blogger John Beauregard said…

    "don't do it, if you won't get paid" probably is not refering to pro bono. LOL

    With all your various, diverse activities I am confident you have learned to deal with stress by now.

    BTW: Dieting is not a food thing, it is a mental thing. But you already know that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home