Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I got my present

I liked the iphone right away--it has a nice big screen. The numbers are big and directions are easy. You press a button and you are on speaker phone. It clicks when you type. When I tried to get my e-mail, it said I had to clear it with IT. So I brought my brand new shiny phone into the office and told my office manager that I needed IT. We made an appointment and then it got postponed. In the meantime, I navagated the net a bit and I was able to watch youtube on my phone. Very cool. It has a thing for itunes, but I wasn't overly concerned about getting that to work. It's rare for me to listen to a lot of music anymore.

So I'm showing off to everyone I can find--the screen turns when you turn the phone--you can make the type larger or smaller on the touch screen--it is so cool. I even figured out how to put things on the calender.

My IT guy showed up while I was in a client meeting, but the client was a good friend of mine, so I asked her to excuse me for a minute and went to meet with him to get started--I wanted to be able to sync my calender on my office computer to my phone, so that I would only have to type everything once. After that I'd be all set. Sure the extra monthly expense would be a pain, but I need to have my calender into this century--notes in ten different places is no longer cutting it. I went back and forth between the IT guy and my client. Yes, he could get my calender into my phone, but everything that I already typed into my phone would be lost. Fine. Can I get itunes, I ask. Sure he says, I'll set it up. Itunes asked me for my password and I typed my general password--it worked. It seems that I already have itunes on my computer at work. Now I needed a song to test. We went in and I bought a song and I could play it on my phone. That's nice I thought. Then I hit the artist button on my phone and this huge list of my favorites came up--what's this? The phone synced to my computer that I had loaded all my cd's on years ago when I had my first ipod. They are all on my phone--all my favorite christmas music, all my favorite albums--everything right there!

I'm in heaven playing with itunes and then the IT guy is getting ready to leave and I said, no, don't go until I check my e-mail. I noticed that there was a little 6 on an icon with an envelope, so I clicked it. IT WAS MY E-MAIL--all of my e-mail. I clicked on one ON MY PHONE and hit reply and I replied to an e-mail--ON MY PHONE. Then I looked at my computer--everything I did on the phone showed up on my computer. They are synced!

Then I looked at my calender--OMG. I am so in heaven. [Then I played with youtube some more and then I listened to some Christmas songs and then I checked out the attachments on my e-mail and then I went to MSN and checked out the news of the day and then I looked up and it was dark outside. I think my client finally left somewhere in between all that.]

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home