Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

That Jon Stewart

Brought down the house last night. The door to my sitting room was open, but my sitting room is really far back in the back of the house. So I'm watching Jon Stewart and he's talking about the President's 9/11 speech, how he really didn't say anything, but at least he hired a good celebrity to help him give the speech and Jon's got a picture of Little Richard from the Geico commercials with Bush playing the "real president" and he does a line from the speech and then Little Richard does his line from the commercial. It was so funny--I couldn't stop laughing. I was laughing so loud that Adam on crutches came back to see what I was laughing about and Adrienne and Marisa from the front of the house came back to see what was going on. Adrienne thought I was sobbing. I was laughing so hard I couldn't hear the rest of the bit, I could barely catch my breath. That Jon Stewart.

But you really had to be there. Adam smiled pretty big, but mostly it was laughing at me looking such the fool. Marisa and Adrienne barely smiled and just said, oh, when they saw the joke. It reminded me of when I shared an apartment with Dad. I'd be up late watching Johnny Carson and everytime I laughed, Dad got up to see what was so funny. Back in the day when not everyone had a tv in their bedrooms. It never was funny enough to get up for. You had to be there.

2 Comments:

  • At September 13, 2006 at 12:36 PM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    I caught that this afternoon on my lunch time viewing of The Daily Show re-run and it made me laugh out loud too. Finally, a good use for those stupid commercials. Mash potatoes!!

     
  • At September 14, 2006 at 6:03 PM, Blogger paulette said…

    I haven't seen that show but Erika's comment "Mash Potatoes" made me laugh out loud. I hated those commercials but now that one will have a whole new meaning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home