Procrastination (But I Digress)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Be Careful What You Wish For

I joined Toastmasters to learn new things. Last night was the speech contest and I really sort of basically assumed that I would win. I didn't even come in second. Well I wanted to learn new things and now I have to learn to lose. I hope I kept my congratulatory smile on during the meeting at least. (The other two speeches were really, really good, so this shouldn't be such a tough lesson, but I am pretty egotistical, I mean that is my picture in the dictionary with the world revolving around me.)

I've been overwhelmingly busy at work, so I've been wishing for more boring stuff. Yipee, NOT, I've got my wish. I have so much boring stuff on my desk and it all really, really needs to get done. Oh well.

Be careful what you wish for. I wanted Melody to move out and make a great life for herself. Now she's leaving the firm, so I'm not going to get to see her everyday--that's not fair. Marisa came over last weekend to visit, so maybe Melody will start coming over to visit. We'll have to have a barbeque. Too bad there aren't any holidays coming up, wait, Labor day is right around the corner. I only have to come to work two days of the weekend, and paint the trim in the little room, and finish putting together my bookcase, and organize my class material, and finish the ABWA audit, and get the houses for tour of homes, and prepare a humorous speech for next Tuesday for a club that doesn't appreciate me nearly enough. Yeah, I should wish we have a holiday barbeque--that would be great.

4 Comments:

  • At August 30, 2006 at 8:42 PM, Blogger Sean M. said…

    Hey Kathy, I'm back to blogging! So, go ahead and check it out and see if you're up to the challenge...

    By the way, a barbeque sounds good. Can I come too?

     
  • At August 31, 2006 at 7:40 AM, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    You need to throw a help-kathy-around-the-house party. Everyone can help paint and build and barbeque.

    Well, not Adam because he just had surgery, and not Ris because she has to take care of the baby, and not Adrienne because she has to take care of Adam, and not Mel because she is too busy on her new job; I am sure Dad and Aunt Mary will make an excellent crew.

     
  • At August 31, 2006 at 9:56 AM, Blogger KathrynVH said…

    Hi Sean, yes I checked out your new blog, but my days of having to know that stuff are long gone. I am on to constitutional law questions--purhaps you'd like to ponder why Texas though that Federal Bankruptcy didn't apply to it's court orders--it was the classic state's rights question that this supreme court with all the conservative justices was poised to rule in Texas' favor and end civilization as we know it. Luckily, Roberts recused himself and civilization is safe for a few more years.

     
  • At September 2, 2006 at 9:06 PM, Blogger Sean M. said…

    Well I'm glad civilization is safe for now. I think it has to do with that whole "Don't mess with Texas" mentality in addition to the surge of conservativism. I may not know much about constitutional law, but I do know that something's up when a STATE gov't doesn't follow something ruled on by the FEDERAL gov't. The last time I checked, this was the United States of AMERICA, not the United States of TEXAS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home